Career Coach, Author and Speaker, Nancy Collamer with her two daughters, the motivating forces behind the creation of her own lifestyle-friendly career.
- Ready to design a more fulfilling and lifestyle-friendly career?
- Interested in exploring career options that are a better fit with your personal interests, hobbies, values and passions?
- Looking for ways to turn your interests and talents into a business of your own?
- Eager to start moving forward with clarity, commitment and conviction?
Invest in working with Career Coach, Nancy Collamer!
While most career coaches help individuals to navigate the corporate arena, Nancy is one of a handful of career professionals that specializes in working with professionals to create lifestyle- friendly careers. If you've reached the end of your patience with the corporate lifestyle, and you're ready to explore ways to use your skills in ways that work with your lifestyle needs, values and objectives, give Nancy a call.
Her qualifications include:
- Columnist and online career expert for Oprah Winfrey's Oxygen Media Network (1999-2001).
- Popular source for media interviews on career issues. Quoted in numerous newspapers and magazines, including Fortune, The Wall Street Journal, Better Homes and Gardens, Redbook, Working Mother, More, Ladies Home Journal,CNN, NBC and TIME.
- Recommended by top-tier institutions, including the Tuck Business School (Dartmouth), Darden MBA Alumni Career Services (UVA) and Yale University.
- Author of The Back to Work Toolkit: A Guide for Comeback Moms, The Layoff Survival Guideand Flexjobs: Your Work, Your Life, Your Way!
- Masters degree in Career Development
- B.A. in Psychology from UNC/Chapel Hill
- Certified as a Now What? facilitator and as a MBTI administrator
- In private practice since 1996. Ten years prior experience in corporate HR for two international companies and four years as the owner of an employment agency.
"Nancy Collamer is a great career coach! When I was frustrated with my job, she helped me identify my strengths and map out a new career plan. I left my corporate job and started my own speaking and training business. Thanks to Nancy's expertise and encouragement, I am now a successful entrepreneur, doing meaningful work that I'm passionate about, while enjoying a great work-life balance." -G.B.
Option #1: Hourly Sessions
In order to be as flexible as possible, Nancy offers her consultations on an hourly basis, without the constraints or cost of large pre-packaged programs. The initial consultation is $250 for a 90-minute session (includes intake, materials and analysis) and subsequent sessions are billed at $150/hour. The sessions take place either by telephone or in person (for those people within an easy drive of Old Greenwich, CT).
What is the average number of sessions?
Every individual client and situation is different. Most clients need three to four appointments for the assessment part of the process and an additional three to four sessions to fully brainstorm/research/plan options. Nancy will be happy to provide you with an estimated range of sessions before you begin working together.
It is important to recognize that this process involves a number of variables that might impact the total number of sessions needed to achieve your goals. Consequently, you should delay working with Nancy if money issues are foremost on your mind. It is best to work those out before we begin, so that you can focus energy on maximizing your success, not worrying about bills.
Option #2: The Now What? Coaching Program
For people who are really at a life crossroads, and prefer long-term support, Nancy offers an intensive coaching program based on the book, Now What? 90 Days to a New Life Direction by Laura Berman Fortgang. This program empowers you to identify a new life direction, break through self-imposed roadblocks and develop a follow-up action plan for creating a new “life blueprint” over a 12-16 week timeframe. It is a proven system, described as “life-changing” by many of her satisfied clients.
How does the Now What? Coaching Program work?
Nancy will provide you with a copy of the Now What? book, along with the accompanying online workbook. Then, she'll schedule a 90-minute intake session to review your background and discuss your goals for this process, followed by a series of 12 weekly one-hour sessions. The comprehensive fee for this program is $1500 (plus $250 for the initial intake session) which includes a copy of the Now What? book, access to the online workbook, 12 one-hour coaching sessions, and touch-base e-mail in between sessions. Additional sessions can be added on for $150/session.
"Nancy Collamer is a true pioneer in her field. Without her guidance and wisdom, I'd still be spinning my back-to-work wheels. As an overwhelmed, single mother who had been out of the workforce for quite awhile, Nancy rescued me. Her career consulting program gave me the clarity and direction I needed to get focused and start my own business. Thanks to Nancy, I feel hopeful instead of hopeless now."-- P Windle
Sounds great, but I still have some questions. Can I call Nancy?
Absolutely! Please e-mail Nancy at Njcollamer @gmail.com to set up a time to speak or you can try her by phone at 203-698-3160. Best time to reach her is normally in the late afternoon (Eastern time).